After months of speculation, MGM, EON and Sony held a special event this morning at Pinewood Studios and finally revealed some official information regarding Bond 24. The main details are:
- It's called SPECTRE. Previously those initials stood for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. Will the acronym will remain the same? That's unknown, but I wouldn't bet against their being a Blofeld reveal near the end of the movie - possibly setting up Bond 25.
- As we already knew Daniel Craig is back as James Bond 007, Naomie Harris returns as Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw as Q, Rory Kinnear as Tanner, and Ralph Fiennes is settling into the job as M. Sam Mendes will also be returning to direct.
- As for the villain, that'll be Christoph Waltz as Oberhauser (or maybe he will be revealed to be Ernst Blofeld?).
- His henchman will be played by none other than Drax - Dave Bautista.
- Very interestingly, Andrew Scott (we like Andrew Scott), better known as Moriarty in Sherlock, will be joining the MI6 team as a character called Denby (or maybe he will be revealed to be Ernst Blofeld? hmmmmmm?).
- The Bond Girl's come in the form of Lea Seydoux (Blue Is The Warmest Colour) as Madeleine Swann, and Monica Bellucci (The Matrix Revolutions) as Lucia Sciarra.
- Shooting will begin next Monday, with location work in London, Rome and Austria, and the movie now has an official release date of November 6th 2015.
Are you excited for SPECTRE?