Tony’s Top Ten Non-Spoilery Phrases From The Girl Who Died
- I’m under attack from four and a bit battle fleets in case you think I’m slacking.
- No, no no, not Vikings. I’m not in the mood for Vikings.
- People talk about premonition as if it’s something strange; it’s not – it’s just remembering in the wrong direction.
- What’s the one thing the gods never do? They never actually show up!
- What are you gonna do? Raise crops at them?
- Do babies die with honour?
- You’re Lofty. You’re Daphne. You’re Noggin The Nog. ZZ Top. And you’re…Heidi. So we’ll try that again.
- What happened?
The Big Bang. Dinosaurs. Bipeds and a mounting sense of futility.
- Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. Bet that means something, it sounds great.
- I can do anything. There’s nothing I can’t do. Nothing. But I’m not supposed to. Ripples, tidal waves, rules! I’m not supposed to- Ohhh… My face. Who frowned me this face?
You’re going to want to check out Satellite Five on a regular basis, not least because that’s where Tony’s spoiler-free reviews of Series 9 episodes will be appearing first. So go now to read the spoiler-free review of The Girl Who Died.
The Girl Who Died premieres Saturday 17th October at 8.20pm on BBC One.
Tony Fyler lives in a cave of wall-to-wall DVDs and Blu-Rays somewhere fairly nondescript in Wales, and never goes out to meet the "Real People". Who, Torchwood, Sherlock, Blake, Treks, Star Wars, obscure stuff from the 70s and 80s and comedy from the dawn of time mean he never has to. By day, he runs an editing house, largely as an excuse not to have to work for a living. He's currently writing a Book. With Pages and everything. Follow his progress at FylerWrites.co.uk