Both Harry Potter and Doctor Who have showcased a huge amount of British acting talent, and there's a surprisingly large amount of actors who have starred in both of them. Here are 30 that we've spotted...
Barty Crouch Jr (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and The Tenth Doctor
Mr. Ollivander and The War Doctor
Argus Filch and Solomon (Dinosaurs on a Spaceship). David Bradley also played William Hartnell/the First Doctor in An Adventure In Space And Time, plus he voiced the Shansheeth in The Sarah Jane Adventures story, Death of the Doctor.
Professor Albus Dumbledore (Prisoner of Azkaban to Deathly Hallows Part II) and Kazran & Elliot Sardick (A Christmas Carol).
Arthur Weasley and Brian Williams (Dinosaurs On A Spaceship & The Power Of Three).
Minister Rufus Scrimgeour (Deathly Hallows Part I) and Dr. Black (Vincent and the Doctor).
In the Harry Potter movies Warwick Davis has played the Goblin Bank Teller, Professor Fillius Flitwick and Griphook. He appeared as Porridge in the Doctor Who episode Nightmare In Silver.
Voiced Dobby and played the Dream Lord (Amy's Choice)
Simon Fisher Becker
The Fat Friar (The Philosopher's Stone) and Dorium Maldover (The Pandorica Opens, A Good Man Goes To War and The Wedding Of River Song)
Nearly Headless Nick (The Philosopher's Stone and Chamber Of Secrets) and Art Gallery Visitor (City Of Death).
Moaning Myrtle (Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire) and Ursula Blake (Love and Monsters).
Professor Rolanda Hooch (Philosopher's Stone) and Lady Cassandra (Doctor Who).
Played the Bloody Baron (Philosopher's Stone) and appeared in two 1960's Doctor Who episodes. First as Yendom (The Ark) and then as Major Barrington (The War Games).
Roger Lloyd Pack
Played Barty Crouch Sr. (Goblet of Fire) and John Lumic (Rise of the Cybermen & Age of Steel).
Narcissa Melfoy in Harry Potter and Rosanna Calvierri in the Doctor Who episode The Vampires Of Venice.
Played Harry's father, James Potter, and Doctor Ryder in Planet of the Ood.
The original Tom The Innkeeper (Philosopher's Stone) and Sontaran Commander Stor in The Invasion Of Time.
Amos Diggory in Goblet of Fire, and Plantagenet in Frontios.
Young Lily Potter in Deathly Hallows Part II, and Francesca Latimer in The Snowmen.
She was the "Fat Lady" guarding Gryffindor Tower in The Philosopher's Stone, and Tabby in Paradise Towers.
Voiced Aragog (Chamber of Secrets) as well as playing Richard The Lionheart (The Crusade) and Count Scarlioni (City of Death)
Ernie the Knight Bus Driver (Prisoner of Azkaban), as well as Chenchu (Marco Polo) and Idmon (Underworld).
Also connecting the two franchises are:
- Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson): Voiced Mafalda Hopkirk in Order of the Phoenix (when seen in Deathly Hallows Part I the character was played by Sophie Thompson), and played Joan Redfern in Human Nature/Family of Blood.
- Imelda Staunton: Played Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter, and voiced the Interface in the Doctor Who episode The Girl Who Waited.
- John Atterbury: Played Phineas Nigellus Black in Order of the Phoneix. He also appeared as a Robot in The Mind Robber, and as an Alien Guard in The War Games.
- Jim Broadbent: Played Professor Horace Slughorn in The Half Blood Prince, and appeared as an alternative Eleventh Doctor in the Comic Relief special The Curse of Fatal Death.
- Harry Melling: Dudley Dursley in the Harry Potter films, and grandson to Second Doctor Patrick Troughton.
- Alfred Enoch: Played Dean Thomas in the Harry Potter films, and the son of William Russell (First Doctor companion Ian Chesterton)
- Sean Biggerstaff: Oliver Wood in Harry Potter, and provided the voice of Chris Parsons in the 2003 web adaptation of Shada.
- Miriam Margoyles: Professor Pomona Sprout in Harry Potter, and Leef Blathereen in The Sarah Jane Adventures (The Gift)